How are you staying motivated through this epidemic? It can be a challenge. I love the quote by Will Rodgers, “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today”. Everyday is a new day to start again. How do you get going, moving, working, doing while the world seems to be falling apart? Here are some tips and tricks that help me stay motivated as a stay at home and a working Mamma.
- Sunlight. Wake up early before your kids and let the sunlight in. I love letting in as much natural light as I can. Open the blinds and let it shine. I promise the natural light can improve your mood and waking hour or more before your kids will improve your productivity.
- Love. Do something you love and that brings you JOY first thing. Maybe it is a big yummy cup of coffee. Or maybe its going for a run or reading a chapter from your favorite book right now. Or maybe its journaling, meditating, or getting dressed for the day. Whatever sings to your soul do it first thing in the morning.
- Goals. Look at your goals for the day. What goals? Have you made goals for the day or the month? If not I would start now journaling and writing down your daily, monthly goals, yearly goals. Having a vision or something to look forward to or something to accomplish really helps me stay motivated. Maybe you want to run a triathlon this year. What are the steps you can take to make that happen. What are your personal goals? WRITE THEM DOWN AND WORK ON ACHIEVING THEM! I love doing this because it really helps me to stay focus and motivated.
- Reflect. Thoughts on paper whispers back to yourself and can help you check in with your life. I also like to write down what I am grateful for in details. “I am grateful for my kids laughter yesterday” I am grateful for my health and being able to go for a run” When you start appreciating and finding gratitude in your life, you start looking for them more and more throughout your day.
- Breakfast.Eat a healthy breakfast and drink your water. A healthy breakfast for me is oatmeal with a dab of peanut butter and I love Greek yogurt. This will help improve your energy level and get you going strong.
- Moving. Get moving if you can. Physical movement automatically improves your mental state. Maybe you can stretch or go for a walk. Moving in the morning is a great way to start your day. I always take the kids on a bike ride or go for a run pushing them in the stroller. There are a lot of ways you can move in the mornings.
- Be consistent. Wake up at the same time everyday. If you know your kids wake at 7am maybe try to wake up at 6am. I also make sure to go to bed early or before 10pm. On the days my kids wake me up, I always feel like I am chasing the day and trying to catch up. Days I wake up before them, I always feel ahead of the game. I feel way more productive and happier. I love having my “ME TIME” first thing in the morning. If you currently do not wake up before your kids give it a try. It really is life changing.
Finally, there are opportunities each day to move closer to your goals and your dreams. Use the mornings to set the tone for how the rest of your day will go. It is in the moments of solitude and quiet that ideas and dreams and creativity arrive.
”Make your life a masterpiece, imagine no limitation on what you can be, have or, do.” -Brian Tracy
What would your life look like or will it look like 1,5,10 years from now? I hope this list inspires you to find your own personal motivation and to wake up every day with a sense of fierceness to tackle the world.
As Walt Disney says, “The way to get started, is to quit talking and begin doing”. Thanks for following my blog. Don’t forget to subscribe to Mamma-Tribe for more inspiration and motivation and for your free goal setting printable. Here are a list of books that have inspired me throughout my lifetime. Maybe they will help you too. Enjoy!!
Rachel Hollis is the ultimate Girl Boss. Reading her book will set you on fire. I’m pretty sure after I read this one I ran a half marathon.
I love anything Stephen Convey. His book is an excellent motivator.
Another good one is BIG MAGIC. I mean who doesn’t love Elizabeth Gilbert the author of Eat Pray Love. Another good one.