My kids love anything outdoors especially if it involves mud, dirt, and anything messy. Here are a few fun activities that you can do in your backyard.
- Mud faces. Mix soil or dirt with water and make mud faces or mud pancakes. You can also paint using mud. Use old kitchen utensils, paint brushes, and bowls and let your kids run wild.
- Sticks.Go on a nature walk to collect sticks or if you have some in your backyard great. You can do so many activities using sticks. We made a fairy garden, a life sized birds nest, and connected sticks with play dough and made different letters.
- Stick maze. My little boy loves going through mazes, so he created one with all the sticks we collected. They had fun trying to find their way out.
- Camp Fire. They used their imaginations and made a camp site and pretend made smores.
- Fairy wands. We also used sticks to make fairy wands. I used packing tape and taped it around the stick and they went around and stuck leaves, flowers, and treasures on it. This made a magical wand.
This activities lasted us all week and we had a lot of fun. I get a lot of inspiration from the Tinkergarten group. I love their mission. I love when the kids learn independent play through nature. It brings me a lot lot joy to watch. Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook at Mamma-Tribe or on blog loving for more daily activities. Follow my blog with Bloglovin