How are you taking care of yourself Mamma throughout this quarantine? Here is a list of things that have helped me keep my daily sanity especially being a SAHM of two little ones.
1. Move your body. That’s right, I try to get 10k steps a day. I track this by wearing a FITBIT. It is a great motivational tool to have. You can go for a walk, a hike, run, or play soccer with your kids in the back yard or even have a dance party. Moving your body helps clear the mind and gives you more energy. Try 30mins a day of movement and see how life changing it can be.
2. Drink lots of water. Who drinks enough water everyday? We are suppose to be drinking a half a gallon of water a day to prevent dehydration. It boost skin health and can help aid in making you look flawless ladies. It also helps regulate body temperature and maintain blood pressure. We need water like we need oxygen. Get to drinking.
3. Treat yourself. That’s right once a week or month, treat yourself to a new pair of shoes, or a new book, or coffee on the patio while the kids sleep, a new shirt, or taking a solo walk. Whatever you absolutely love to do, schedule it in your calendar and reward yourself. You deserve it. It is nice to have something to look forward to that is all yours.
4. Go to bed early. Sleep is so important in decreasing stress. When I am well rested, I am a much more productive and happy Mamma. Good sleep can improve your concentration and enables your body to repair itself. Do you get your 8hrs of sleep each night? If not go to bed early and wake up feeling more refreshed.
5. Get outdoors. That’s right. Get outside for some fresh air and Vitamin D. Take your laptop outside and work. Changing your scenery can help reduce stress levels and it is so good for your mental health. It really can change your entire mood. Again, getting outdoors, getting sunshine can help improve your immune system and maintain healthy bones. You will always find me outside doing something if I can. Why not take it outside?
6. Good Music. Create yourself a good playlist on Pandora or Spotify. Turn on your favorite jam while you cook or clean. It will instantaneously put you in a good mood. I have my go to playlist during this social distancing and it has really helped motivate me or simply put me in a better mood.
7. Meditate. Find stillness. Quieting your mind can really bring a sense of peace and calm to your day. We all need that during this time. Waking up before my kids and meditating has really helped me be a better Mamma through all of this. Even if its for 5 mins breathing in stillness is life changing. Give it a try. Being alone in silence sometimes is golden for me.
8. Limit the news and the media. You are what you consume. What life do you want to live? A positive joyful one? Or stressed anxious one? You decide. What we take in directly affects the direction of our lives. Being mindful of what we watch can directly affect ours lives. Choose wisely. What are you feeding your mind? As a Mom, I need to be my best self emotionally and mentally so I choose not to watch the News. Instead I journal or read or listen to podcast. There are so many other things you can do with your time right now.
9. One hour a day. Find one hour a day that is just yours. Especially now that we have all of our kids home. What do you love to do? For me that is running, reading and doing yoga. So I try to incorporate one hour of doing something I love every day. You deserve it the most Mamma. Fill your cup with whatever brings you joy. Maybe it is taking a nap, or baking, or writing. Find those handful of things that bring you so much happiness and do it. When I fill my own cup up, I have more to give for my family. They get a much happier Mamma Bear too.
10. Connect with others outside of your family circle. Call your college bestie or have a Zoom Party with your Mamma friends. Facetime your nieces and nephews. Call your grandma. Don’t let social distancing prevent you from virtually connecting with friends and family.
I hope you find some of these tips motivating and inspiring. You got this. We got this. Hang in there Mammas. Take care of yourself, so that you can take care of your beautiful family. Dont forget to subscribe to Mamma-Tribe to stay connected. I love this journal below. Check it out!